04 August 2009

Experimental Music Voyage In Nate's Garage...



I was involved in a super-rad abstract/ambient/terrifying audio freakout over at Nate's place tonight after T.H.C. rehearsal. I hadn't busted out the drum machine/analog delay combo in a while, and fortunately Nate had an extra MIDI keyboard lying around. (My SR-16 appears to have finally crapped out. It's ok, I got way more than a hundred bucks' worth out of that thing)



Turns out Nate inherited a Yamaha S90 a while back, so he rocked out on that thing and made whale sounds while I made bouncy delay-drums with my trusty Kawai XD-5.

We only recorded one jam, because...well, we only recorded one jam. However, rest assured that it is our intention to do this 'live' in public at some point, whether the public demands it or not. I figure we both need to be doing twice as much stuff to make it sound really wild. Also we need more robots.

6 comments:

suddenlyshida said...

i fuckeen KNEW it was gonna be scurry. what the hell man? it's too quiet outside to have this kind of nuttiness playing inside. like the tree outside is totally lookin at me now. awww man. *shudders(2think)*

HUH said...

DOOTH

Quel said...

I WANT ONE

Dreya said...

I dare somebody to eugooglize 'whale thong'and see what images come up.

Scroll Down said...

Somehow I wasn't surprised that it was all the way at the bottom...

Garrett Glaude said...

This recording made me go through my wallet and try and figure out who I was